WHAT TO HAVE DURING RAINY SEASON

This is it's time. It rained so heavily yesterday. I left the school for home only to get disturbed by the rain. And like others, I stopped, stood at a corner and waited for the rain to stop. I wasn't with a car nor an umbrella. The overflowing water was messy. No car was able to drive pass the floor. When the rain stopped, I headed home. Today, it rained again. This time around I left work early so rain couldn't meet me outside. Just like yesterday, it rained so heavily. These are the things I wished I had during rainy season.

First, an umbrella- it serves as a shield against rain and sun. Umbrella is useful for any season but I like using it most when it rains.

A car

Having a car even if it is not an expensive one can save you from a lot of stress and in times of emergency. During rainy days, you rarely see a cab or a good Nigerian Keke due to the weather, so it is good you get your own car.

Food

Having food at home serves you the expenses of eating outside. You save your money and you cook healthy homemade meals.

A well maintained home

At this period of rainy season, it is good you maintain your home to avoid floor, roof leakage, rain splashing into the window or door. You make your home comfortable, warm and safe. You really do not have another home. Do you? So you have to maintain what you have already.

A cardigan

It helps prevent cold. So you put it on during this period to prevent air from entering your body. I use mine during bedtime.

A blanket

You use it to cover yourself during rainy season while sleeping or when feeling cold.

Chocolate, milk, tea, coffee, pepper soup or something hot

In Nigeria especially Calabar we take something hot during the cold weather. A hot tea, a hot coffee, beef or chicken pepper soup, hot soup or fresh fish soup. We take hot meals during rainy season.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT

Everyday Gratitude