WAYS TO LEARN BEYOND THE CLASSROOM

Elizabethokondiaries.blogspot.com

Learning can take place any where, not necessarily the classroom. Here are other ways to learn apart from schooling or staying in the classroom.
  1. Traveling
Traveling is a great way to learn. Visiting places, experiencing events and places, taking pictures, creating good memories rather than being told is interesting. This changes ones psyche and makes humans cope and adapt with each other. I remember the day I got my NYSC call up letter and I saw Bauchi State. I was amazed. I didn't know if I should cry or smile or laugh. I never knew Bauchi, I had nobody there. So at first I was shocked. I went on Google, search the internet. I also asked within and I was told that Bauchi takes two days by road and an hour on flight. That is on transit, from one state to another then finally to Bauchi. The first journey, I took flight. I couldn't take road transport due to the cut on my leg. That was my very first time of entering a plane. I won't lie. I was so scared but I got comfortable when I entered plane the second time. The first one was for the 21 days in camp, the second was going to Bauchi for a full year to serve my father land. At the end of it all, I am glad I did. So, traveling is a great way to learn about people, culture, language and behaviours. I learned a lot while in Bauchi from language to food, to people and culture. Traveling is also a way of easing off stress.

2. Internet

I always feel technology and the internet was made for Africa. Why? Because it has helped us a lot. Thanks to Mark Zuckerberg, Steve Job and other great inventors and creators of technology and social media. Beside the classroom, I had done much of individualized learning. I have read books and PDF online. I have read articles, websites and blogs. I have read about the lives of humans all over the world. Now, YouTube makes it so much better by showing videos of humans lives activities, careers and family. Everything is online. Lifestyle, health, education, entertainment, media and others. So, the internet is a great tool for learning. And you learn better and faster.

3. Working for free

Serving as a volunteer to an organization, a hospital, a school, an establishment is a great way to learn. You can work for free for someone while learning a skill or two. Apprenticeship is a great way of learning beyond the classroom.

4. Do it yourself (DIY)

Try doing things yourself. Many people are self-taught. Do it, fail, try again, continue doing it, repeat it until you get perfect. I have known a cake baker and a chef who learned those culinary skills online. Just by watching YouTube. Today internet has made things so easy. You can learn anything at the comfort of your home.

5. Interact with others

Make friends and share your problems with people close to you. We learn everyday. We learn from our family members, friends, colleagues, neighbors and anyone we are close to. Don't live in isolation. Ask questions, interact and learn from others.

This is all I have to share. You can as well add yours let's interact and learn.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

Everyday Gratitude

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT