SLOW LIVING: HOW I LIVE MY DAY DURING THE HOLIDAYS

Good afternoon guys! It's holiday time and I am partly happy. I am happy that I am staying home, then I am sad that I won't get a pay. This is what happens when you work as a professional teacher in a private school in Nigeria. So, I am happy now I have all the time to myself. You know the teaching profession is one profession that gives so much time. I have time for myself. I have time for my family and my loved ones. And I have time to blog. During this holiday I am going to rest, eat, watch YouTube and have fun. This morning, I woke up early, washed dishes, washed my bedsheets and pillowcases. I hand wash them, I don't have a washing machine. I took my bath and ate breakfast. I feel so lazy. I stay on my bed, cuddle and feel like doing nothing. I lay on bed and rest as I watches the day go by. I learned to prioritize my rest and self-care. I don't stress myself beyond limit and I don't engage in things that are difficult for me to handle. I do the things I can and leave the ones I cannot. 

I am so going to eat and take care of myself. Maybe during the day, I will get some fruits, yogurt and snacks for relaxation. We only live once so it's good I enjoy myself and make myself happy. Yes, like really really really happy. And I ensure nobody gets that from me. Last weekend, my mother and I prepared two meals. Ekpang made of Nigerian water yam and cocoyam and Abak soup made of atama leaf with palm kernel juice. It was stressful, hectic but all the stress was for good. Today till the holiday runs out, I want to slow live. Rest, eat, sleep, relax, have fun, blog, surf the internet, read blogs. I love reading blogs. I am a fan of blogs. As I surf the internet, I discover new blogs. Recently I came across a Nigerian food blog, Sisiyemmi.com. The blog is all about food, meal recipes both local and intercontinental meals, motherhood, marriage and career. The blog is really so colourful. So, I use my free time to read what people write online, watch people's stories and life. I learned a lot.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT

Everyday Gratitude