NOT RUSHING ANYTHING

Everything can make a story. It surely can. But it is surprising how we write others and not ourselves. We tell stories of legends, celebrity, politicians but not ours. We see our lives boring to be in blogs or make a news. People hardly talk about their homes, their pains and how living a day on earth feels like. We are very much interested in the stories of others. Writing about my life is nothing boring to me. In fact, I had many encounters where people asked me why I put so much of my personal life in people's eyes. And what is so important or special about my life to be told. I may be special, I may not be special but people can't just wake up one day and start writing about their lives. They definitely have a purpose for doing that. Maybe it could be for healing, fame, have a voice or just to express themselves and their beings. Personally, I took the path of writing my life as healing. Being vulnerable and expressing my deep pains heals me. Having someone or anything listen to me without judging or trying to prove a point or give advice is therapeutic. And this is why I talk so much about myself. A book listen, a blog listen, a writing page listen so much. You hardly find humans who are comfortable hearing your stories, pains and traumas over and over again without getting tired or start accusing you of being wrong or escaping from you. Humans without love flee from you and you are left alone with yourself. So, it requires you love yourself through the process and don't rush anything. I always felt how my life would have been without planning anything or thinking of the future. And I discovered that living in the present moment gives you joy than the sadness of thinking how the future would be like. Enjoying the moment and accepting your present condition is way better. You are less saddened and more cared for. So you live a life without rush. You live below your means and truly do things for the need, purpose and fun of it. You do things that makes you happy. You enjoy nature and the little things of life. You live a day at a time and blame no one for your bad luck. 

Over the years, I thought finishing school was going to make me happy, but it didn't. I was only given a temporary happiness and then something else came up. Getting a job. I thought it would make me happy until I discovered that it is one thing to get a job and it is another thing to get a better workplace and sustain or maintain your job. So there come something else. Something I didn't expect. A much bigger work that requires mind, body and soul. Same with getting a car, a house, a master's degree or a doctorate. Things give us temporary happiness then you decide if you are going to be happy all your life or not. You make yourself stay happy. And again don't rush anything. With time you get to see the true colors of things and what stays in your life.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

Everyday Gratitude

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT