THINGS THAT MAKE STAYING AT HOME FUN

During the period of lockdown everyone was so stuck indoors. To some people it was fun, to others it was such a boring life staying home. Many people in Nigeria lost their jobs, people weren't paid, salaries were cut down and all of that. People were frustrated and didn't know how to survive staying home. So during this period, there were some things I felt that having them could make staying home fun and lively. 

1. HOBBY

Since the year I discovered blogging as a hobby, I write all day. Hobby is what makes humans human. I write for free. I write to relax, relief stress and anxiety. Blogging has helped me get to know myself better. So hobby is one of the things I don't joke with. No matter how busy I am, I make time for my writing. I invest my time in things that makes me happy.  I created a little space on the internet to make myself happy. Since writing is my hobby, I first write for myself before anyone else. I could be selfish though (laughs). Hobby makes life interesting. Every breathing human being should have a hobby or hobbies.

2. FARM

Yes! I mentioned it, FARM. Having a farm is one of those things I wished for. Having a farm and putting all your energies into it keeps you busy and less thinking. Farm is where you get fresh, raw and organic foods. It less the money you spend on buying food items at the market. So having one is a very good idea. Just as writing, farming too is therapeutic. Waking up early and looking after your plants, flowers and livestock gives a sense of purpose. With this you can't feel stuck at home.

3. ONLINE BUSINESS

I understand that business isn't for everyone, but having one will make staying home fun and income coming in. In this digital world, there are numerous online businesses you can try your hands on. But most online businesses started off from hobby. Just coming out everyday to write, having a sense of purpose and writing like a paid job. Check on the internet, there are a lot of online business you can start from just at the comfort of your home.

4. A HOME OFFICE

Working from home can make a lot of sense if people could take out a space from their apartment and make an office. Create a niche for themselves, talk about the subject matter they know so well, then begin something from there. Working from home is fun with an office and structure.

5. A SOCIAL MEDIA PAGE, BLOG OR WEBSITE

Working from home won't be fun without all these. Having a place where people see what you do, works you have done, your gift or skills bring clients and referrals to you. People can recommend you to someone through your social media pages, your blog or your website. You can get a job, make money, earn money through the digital world. This will start from somewhere. It won't happen overnight. It will take months and years, but you have to be patient.

6. REST, PLAY AND FUN

All work and no play makes Jane a dull girl. Make a space for play, fun and taking a break. Take a break when you feel burnout, stressed or tired.

7. PET

A dog, a cat and the rest makes home lively and fun. Get one for yourself. This is what makes staying home fun, you can add yours. I want to hear from you. This is not a monologue, you can share your ideas here too.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

Everyday Gratitude

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT