Single Lives Matters

 I want to be single. I am not scared or anything. I just want to be single and be happy with life. I love marriage and weddings, especially Nigerian weddings, but I just want to be single. The kind of life I desire, being single will solve all the problems. Growing up I saw my mother struggle so much in her marriage and even now as a young adult. Growing up in an extremely religious environment I have seen terrible marriages. Marriages women died in because they were hopeless or no one could help them. I have seen women terribly sick in their marriages while the men stay in control with toxic powers dominating everyone. I have seen women whose family couldn't help them out of a toxic marriage due to poverty or lovelessness in the home. So I wouldn't love that kind of stress for myself or having to cage my life for someone else. I wouldn't want to blame someone else for my life or what I failed to do for myself. I am tired of depending on someone else financially, emotionally and otherwise. I wouldn't want another human treating me harshly because he feeds me or takes care of me. I would gladly exchange a happy single life for an abusive marriage. You know, over here in Nigeria people don't see a thing in abuse or even care about anyone's mental health. They believe financial abuse, emotional abuse, verbal abuse are discipline and respect. Parents don't see a thing in talking to their children anyhow or treating them badly. Spouses believe they can do things anyhow without the consent of another and one person's decision may end up affecting everyone or even endangers one's health. I wouldn't want to sit down one day and I regret all the things I didn't do for myself or expected someone else do for me. 

Anywhere I go, I tell my truth. I have had experiences. I have known how shit looks like so I don't try it. And a lot of humans keep saying, we all should be positive. I am positive. I speak positivity into my life everyday, but this doesn't take away our problems or the reality of things. I have to put myself first before anyone else.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

Everyday Gratitude

Gubi Dam, Bauchi State