Times


 Dear Diary,

22nd January 2021

2:50pm, Nigerian Time

I am sorry, I took some time away. School resumed and I resumed my duty too. I take SS1, SS2 and SS3 classes. I teach English language. This week, on Monday, I started with revision. During the Monday class, I took ten minutes out of forty minutes to interact with the students. I asked them how they spent their holiday. At first, they were so shy and couldn't say a word. They were thinking or probably depressed, because they were about to get their examination report sheets. They were scared of failing. I had to let them know that no one was failing. As I said so, they began to talk. They were able to say something. I was happy I got their attention. 

The week so far is a happy one. I am happy for the new elected President and Vice President of the United States of America. Yesterday, Joe Biden lifted a travel ban on many African countries and Nigeria which is my country was one of it. I love Joe Biden, he is a leader of the phrase, “actions speak louder than words."

Today is 22nd January 2021 and I am gradually getting to the end of the compulsory one year service to my country, Nigeria. I can't wait to go back to my hometown. I miss my mother and my siblings. Bauchi State is extremely cold for my body and health. But it has been a great moment here. I learnt new things and had some experiences. I got the chance to see the world, see the life of people from different States of the federation. I learnt how to accommodate many and get along with others.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

Everyday Gratitude

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT