That part of me; Healing my wounds

Dear Diary,

3rd, January 2021

5:24pm, Nigerian Time




The part of healing I love most is self-care. Giving so much time and attention to myself, relaxing, reading and cuddling, taking a break when I need it. The feeling that goes with shopping, buying a cream, new clothes, shoe, books, eating home made meals prepared with love and owning things is so wonderful. And this is where my little money goes. At this time, pains are gone and all feels like bliss. Also, I love doing things myself. Mopping the floor, sweeping, washing dirty clothes and keeping everywhere clean. I do these things willingly. I dislike being forced to work or commanded. This kills the zeal for work in me. I get turn off at any sight of abuse. I don't crawl while at it, I run because I know it negative effect and the damages it does. One may not be alive to tell the story. Self-care is like reparenting, I feel like home each time I treat myself better. I feel like home each time I pamper myself with so much love. I don't neglect myself of comfortability. I don't neglect myself of those little things I can provide. This is my kind of self-care. Writing has also been a self-care to me. I don't know a time in 2020 I didn't write. Writing and blogging has done me good. Not in terms of monetary aspect, but in terms of controlling anxiety, being self aware, expression of thought, ideas, feelings and enjoying my free time. Writing can be a friend as well as an addiction.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT

Everyday Gratitude