It's better now than then

Me on my NYSC uniform at the parade ground, Wailo Camp, Bauchi State, Nigeria

Dear Diary,

5th, January 2020

11:15am, Nigerian Time

Reflecting on my life, all I could say is, “It's better now than before." Few weeks to my 25th birthday and I don't even look 25. I still look like a preteen girl who hasn't completed school yet. People do compare me with their seventeen years old daughters who are still in high school. I find this really embarrassing. 

At 24, I completed my University degree programme, obtained my certificate, almost passing out of my one year service to my country. 

At 24, life wasn't easy but I had to keep pushing through still. 

At 24, I stayed off relationship and focused on bettering myself. I don't have a boyfriend, I am just seriously single. 

At 24, I taught a little boy and got paid. My first time working and being paid.

At 24, I learnt how to be patient, be compassionate and empathetic through caring for others and in the period of lockdown.

At 24, I learnt new things I never knew at 23 through experience and reading books.

At 24, I celebrated my first Christmas outside my hometown.

At 24, I witnessed the pandemic that disabled the world, COVID-19.

At 24, I made peace with myself. 

At 24, I loved myself more.

At 24, I started my healing journey.

At 24, I was unafraid of shame or making mistakes. 

At 24, I witnessed my senior sister's wedding.

So much has happened within the period of one year. I am grateful to God for His mercies upon my life.


Me at the parade ground, Wailo Camp, Bauchi State Nigeria



Sitting at the parade ground with my colleagues


Elizabeth Diaries ❤️




 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

Everyday Gratitude

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT