It is 2021 and I can't still kill a chicken


Dear Diary,

3:56pm, Nigerian Time

Today is the first day of 2021. The day is calm and peaceful. I woke up by 7:00am, I was still so tired from yesterday's outing. I checked my phone and I was overwhelmed by new year messages. I dropped my phone and went outside to brush my teeth and take my bath. I left to church around 8:30am and came back by 10:15am. I went to market, bought chicken and had it killed, dressed and cut to pieces right there. I eat chicken, but I can't kill it. I am scared of touching or slaughtering it. I cooked chicken pepper soup with white rice. Then, I ate my meal with a bunch of banana.

Happy new year to me. I wish myself the best of the year, 2021.

More to self-care and self-love.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT

Everyday Gratitude