Art makes us human

Nigerian Star Apple

 Dear Diary,

11,

 January, 

2021

10:22am, Nigerian Time

I have never known a person who read Art and ever remained the same again.

Art makes us human.

It enable us express feelings.

We get to see words in silence and in every actions.

And among my three siblings, I am the only one that differs. I have empathy, I am humane. I feel one's pains and silence. Sometimes, I am called crazy and abnormal for not acting as everyone else. But I don't mind. I keep being me, just the way I am. I try to do the right things at the right time, but I don't live to please people. I don't follow society and it's stereotypes. As long as I breath, I live life to the fullest, with no terms involved.

I am very expressive. I express my feelings and emotions. I tell stories. I don't keep emotions to myself, I talk it out especially when such emotions are negative. I feel every emotions as it comes. I don't keep one up, then subdue the other. My negative feelings give way to positive feelings. I have never been more at peace with myself until I discovered writing. Writing as an art. Writing, storytelling and blogging changed me and my perspective of the world. I will get a full time job that pays me monthly, so I spend my free time blogging for free. I remember the first time I started blogging in 2015, I was naive at it. I was so after getting traffic and views. I was anxious of people reading me. But now, such things don't matter to me anymore. I thought it was such a big pride and shame to talk about one's self, one's home, one's childhood, relationship or sexual life. I discovered that writing and talking about traumatic experiences heals. Writing about the self heals. 

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT

Everyday Gratitude