Of grief

Dear Diary,

2020, I learnt how to handle grief.

Today, I lost a dear colleague to motor accident along Kaduna road on her way to Benue and one is seriously injured. I was shocked when I received the news. I felt so numb, weak and terrible. I couldn't cook nor do anything, not until evening I finally got the strength to get little food items, then cook. I cooked yam porridge. Not with vegetable leaf but with slice of carrots, green beans, green pea and turmeric for meat seasoning. I had seen turmeric been used for skincare and tea. I never knew it could be used as a spice until I tried it one day. It is really a great spice. It gives taste and flavour to any meal, though it could change one's fingers to yellow while grating it. So after cooking, I shared the meal. It gives me joy seeing someone happy and smiling while eating a food prepared by me. I got positive response during and after the meal. My friend told me the meal taste great and the girl who was in kitchen with me said, “This food is rich o, we are eating intercontinental dish."

I laughed. I told her that I used only five hundred naira to cook the meal.

This alone made my day.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

Everyday Gratitude

Gubi Dam, Bauchi State