Elizabeth Diaries


Dear Diary,

I'm sorry I left you for such a long time. I've been very busy, I lost thought of you. Work and other stress of life never gave me time to write here. I'm back now. So much has happened within the two months I left here. I relocated to a new state, Bauchi. A northern part of Nigeria in Africa for a short time, my senior sister got married and my twin left for school. It is not easy changing environment. That means changing water, changing culture and values, getting to see new faces and meeting new people with different orientation and different characters. Together with changes in food, dressing and language. For the one month I have spent in the state, I could tell that here feel safe for anyone to stay. I am currently learning a new language called the HAUSA language. Without the language, one can't mingle or do business with it's people. So, the first thing I did after settling was to learn the HAUSA language. Apart from learning the language, I learnt how to use kettle filled with water to wash my buttocks after using the toilet. I learnt to value and respect people's culture just as they value mine. Within this one month, I returned to camp for a duration of ten days. This was to complete our NYSC orientation camp programme after the pandemic dismantled everything and took everyone to a lockdown. It has not been easy but well as the saying goes, nothing good comes easy, I dwell on the wonderful experiences and let go of the bad ones. I have so many stories to tell, I will keep telling it bit by bit. Stay glue!

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

Everyday Gratitude

Gubi Dam, Bauchi State