Elizabeth Diaries

Dear Diary,

Few days ago I saw my school mate. Same Secondary School, same University. Then, I remember the name tag I was given in school, ‘old school’ I was called old fashion because I never looked glittering nor wore expensive dresses. I spent money on books and my academics that I had nothing left to look good. I didn't work neither have a job. I depended on my parents, so I had cut my coat according to my cloth. I had known contentment. It wasn't even about looking good. School was life itself. School wasn't a place of fashion or fun. School wasn't a place where a girl could have numerous boyfriends, have lots of great sex, then she forgets to read. I mean fun is great, but we shouldn't forget the essential things while having fun. The essence of school was for learning. All round learning. In learning and in character. School taught me contentment in life, that in life, we can't always have everything. And in all our desires and insatiable wants, we should be truly happy for the little we have. I also heard them saying, I had read too much. Reading too much was the only crime I committed. I read so much and neglected building relationships. I would have built good relationships too. I had loved school. I had loved studying Education, little wonder I gave deaf ears to those who said,

“Education is a course for big adult, hence I can't study it."

And some said,

“It was difficult."
I gave deaf ears to all these. I went ahead to pursue the course I deeply wanted. In times of negativity, I was positive. I read my books, I did all my assignments. After four years in school, I graduated with an excellent grade. I was proud of myself. Everyone became proud of me too. I had confidence in myself. I knew all will be well, fine and great with time. I knew it won't be stormy all my life and that one day I will have enough money to spend, have fun and wear all the glittering dresses. School never gave me time to play the love game. I was always in the library and hardly had time for men. Though they came, the relationship never lasted long. I couldn't sustain it. I didn't have time to love someone. All my time was to focus, concentrate and discover myself first. I wanted self discovery before love could play. I had loved myself enough before anyone else.

Elizabeth Diaries ❤️

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

BLOGS I LOVE READING

Everyday Gratitude

WORK GIVES FULFILLMENT